Special effects by God...

edited April 2011 in Music
Was it Orbital or The Orb who used to have that credit on the flyers for their open air all night gigs back in the 90s...?

Well the almighty was on good form this evening as I went for a stroll around Gloucester docks with my iPhone (playing Speedy J, rather than Orbital or The Orb), plugged into my lug-holes. Beautiful blue skies peppered with birds, vapour trails and high cloud drifted into an amazing red sunset. Beautiful combination of music and visuals. I really communed...

Now back home with the boring hi-fi... ;-)

Comments

• Ahh...Gloucester Docks.  I worked there for many years as Engineering Manager for British Waterways and it was always a place to inspire, especially when Tommy Neilsson had a tall ship or two in for repairs.  My contribution to the atmosphere is nothing as grand as providing a tall ship, but I was the concept designer of the new lift bridge spanning between the cinena and Monk meadow and was heavily involved with the quays development before I left British Waterways to pastures greener!  Lovely place to take a summer evening's stroll. 
  • Well well well small world!
    I live just 200 metres from your bridge and use it at least twice daily to cross the canal.
    Good work. It's a pleasing structure.
  • Thanks for that...it's good to know it's gone down well!  I still have the original sketches I did in 2003 laying around somewhere but think that my daughter may have used them as a colouring project!  Seems like a lifetime ago now.  Well at least I know there's one Glawster enthusiast amongst the ranks ;)

Gloucestershire bake-off anyone?
  • I held a speaker one in February...
  • Ah

perhaps I'll have to host one for CD players or amps then in the coming months seeing as speakers has been done (couldn't move mine anyway!)
  • edited April 2011
    That'd be cool (stops himself making lame joke about valves in the Summertime)  :)

Edit: How about a high-end CD player vs computer front end bake-off? That would be interesting.

Edit 2: If you're serious about a bake-off, can you start a new Discussion for it, please?