Very good

edited June 2011 in Other music
Managed to grab a few moments with the system. Ella and Louis Again.
Extremely extremely good. In every way.
Why don't they make musicians, songs, recordings or people like this anymore? Who's to blame? On whom can we march?
Celebrate the great.
More wine Jeeves...!

Comments

• edited June 2011
    It's 1957 for god's sake. What was that? Wax cylinders and cave paintings? Let's get some music exec's, studio producers and electrical engineers On here. What've they been doing for the past 50 years? Dining out on Ella and louis' legacy. That's what. Bastards. We've put men on the moon since then...
    Bah.
  • I suppose it's the public's fault. Liberty and capitalism it's handed the asylum over to the lunatics it has. Nutters, the lot of them. Put us in charge we'd sort it.
    It's Autumn in New York for god sake and noone's noticed. None of them. Go kick some leaves, have a coffee and stick something decent on your iPod.
  • I suppose we've moved on in done ways in the free world. Less institutional racism, sexism, jingoism, and superstition. Better medicine. Some ironing out of social justice matters. I suppose something had to give. But why Ella and Louis...?
  • edited June 2011
    I find real artists still care greatly about how their music sounds, it's those who want too/sell out too the big labels and are there just for fame and money that don't care.  The big labels can produce good stuff but its mainly by luck of whos on the mixing desk 
  • Thanks spacey.
    Ground me! Ground me!
    I'm a bit lost today. Irrational. In a bad way. At least in an unhelpful way.
    Music sounds good though.
    Drunk too probably. Not used to it. :-/
  • I've also noticed it's more of a UK/USA/Asia issue, Europe seem to be doing it well IMO but can depend on the genre.
  • edited June 2011
    Like it spacey. You're being constructive & I need that.
    Examples...?
  • BTW I've put on Louis Armstrong plays WC Handy now. Good lord.
  • You're too good fella.
    Looks more than interesting. Will check it out properly in the am!!!
    Thank you.
  • No you won't! You'll be hungover in the AM...

Epic one man rant though - respect!

B-)
  • Doc you should have kept going....that was awesome!
  • 4:45 pm, and he's still on bed?....
    :O :-)) ~O)
  • Do you think he made it that far? :-S
  • edited June 2011

I'm sure he'll be enjoying his music by now ..... he’s probably trawling the WWW for tunes

• Nah. I think I can hear Ben's groaning from here  :-D
  • X_X :0& ~O)
  • Never again, hey Ben :-D