Tellurium Q Black - short review

edited July 2011 in Digital
System is a Naim Uniti with a separate NAP 180 into Neat Mystique 2 speakers
The cable replaced NACA5.  After a run in period (about 100 hours) I am impressed at the difference.  Just as forward and as detailed as the Naim stuff but with a purer cleaner feel to the sound.  No muddle and to use that typical hifi comment as if 'another veil has been lifted'.
The bass has the same feel and depth but perhaps not quite the same sort of force/clout in my system.  I don't know if this is an aspect of the cleaner less muddled sound but in my room the difference is welcomed and helps at curing the slight bass bloom I have.  Perhaps this will change on repeated playing and increased running in.  I'll keep you posted.
A quick change over to NACA5 revealed a slightly duller more grainy sound if that makes any sense.  So far I think the Tellurium is a keeper.

Comments

• hi droom,
    glad you enjoy it too ,
    sounds like the black is doing for your system what it did for mine, i got the same changes and thought the bass was a bit recessed at first , then i played some music that was bass heavy (massive attack, James Blake and Dave Hollands solo bass lp emerald tears to name a few )and found the black actually had more force and weight just cleaner faster and more accurate with far greater sub sonics and less audible bass bloom, just my findings but with this cable in my system i now get greater contrast between recordings than i ever have previously and keep having those 'ah I've never heard that before' moments , considering its just a bit of wire it has to be one of the best changes i have made in my system for years , even previously hard to listen to punk 7" singles that came across as a 'muddled mush' are far easier to listen too,
    all the best,
    matt

:)