New Mac mini is £100 cheaper than previous one

edited July 2011 in Digital
As well as the OS X Lion release the other day, there was a new Mac mini with uprated specs at £529.

Looks like a nice server - provided you're happy with the on-board PSU.

Comments

• I have read that the 2010 mini, and I guess this is a revised one - sounded better with its built in PSU than 2009 minis with nice linear PSUs.
  • Yes. I've read that too.

There are quite a number of 2010 mini enthusiasts on CA.
  • I've also read the new shape ones are a damned sight easy to upgrade yourself too. The bottom just unscrews to reveal everything. The old one was a right phaff to open up...

Now I just wish they did one in black to match the rest of my hi-fi...  and some USB sockets on the front, right pain reaching around, when its on a shelf.
  • I've also read the new shape ones are a damned sight easy to upgrade yourself too. The bottom just unscrews to reveal everything. The old one was a right phaff to open up...

Now I just wish they did one in black to match the rest of my hi-fi...  and some USB sockets on the front, right pain reaching around, when its on a shelf.
    Yep. This one and the previous one made it easier to upgrade memory. I'm not so sure about disks, though. 

The old one's not too bad to take apart. The secret is to use a pizza cutter, I discovered. Much better than any of the methods shown on the 'net.
  • Arfa - take it down the local car body shop & have it sprayed - you can mask it up before you take it!