Places to buy vinyl

JimJim
edited February 2011 in Analogue
I've used Ebay quite a bit this last 2 years or so - mostly successfully.  I've also used TonyL at pfm who's always very fair on his grading and prices.  I've just found a fairly large amount of ,mainly classical vinyl at a local charity shop - bought 6 today to test quality.  I shall be returning next week.

Where do the other vinyl users source their vinyl?

I'm mainly concerned with good quality second hand as I refuse to pay the silly £20+ for new LPs.

Comments

• Hows that live dates 2 lp sounding ?
  • Just got here today, haven't had a chance to unpack the parcel yet.  Will do that now, have a spin and post later.
  • Ebay ,Charity shops are the cheapest as you say but its a bit of a lottery to what state the vinyl will be in.

Otherwise i use Musicstack quite a lot where the condition of vinyl is well graded so takes the guesswork away.

EIL is very expensive but more often than not you can get hard to find vinyl - so i only use as a last resort if i really want something badly enough.

• Never heard of Musicstack.  Checking it out now, ta.
  • Jim like you I find ebay one of best places especially if you are the only bidder !

Charity shops/boot sales/markets very hit and miss re quality. Amazon (used ) & Gumtree are worth a visit now and again. If you like blues try redLick.com who used to lots of vinyl but seemed to have slowed down recently.

• Cheers Mervyn

I'll check out redlick.com too.
  • You know, when I saw you'd commented on this thread, I said to myself "Alan's going to link to B&Q". I wasn't too far out!  :-)

Places to buy vinyl, 1-2-3 (with apologies to Ian Dury).
  • I feel I have a role, a place, a duty to perform around here....

Otherwise, I don't know what I should say! Some of the discussions are of such high quality now I might need to set up a Hi-Jack forum for thickos...
  • You have a role. Yup, you do. To keep Audio Chews' inmates members amused :-)

Come on, you know as much about hi-fi as the rest of us.
  • edited February 2011
    Perhaps you shouldn't have crossed out 'inmates'; it would have allowed me to say I'm not so committed...

I'll post your power supply today, see if we can get EVA to sing.
  • Brilliant. Thanks for that, Alan.
  • Nice one Dom, cheers.
  • And not just vinyl, I notice. Just having a wade through the jazz cds.
  • edited July 2011
    HI Chaps,
    I have recently bought new LPs from Diverse Vinyl and Classic LPs and the quality is superb, when I call in at Portsmouth I go to SOUNDZ records, I have had some good quality used records which I always give a thorough cleaning before use. regards Alan