hello from sunny huddersfield, UK

edited August 2011 in Say hello
hello all, nice place to be I hope

my system is changing a lot as I am in the trade so to speak but have settled on these at the moment:-

Technics SL120 Mk2 with Jelco SA-750D arm and Denon 103 cartridge
Oyaide Carbon fibre headshell and oyaide tone-arm lead, seperate psu
Jeff rowland consonance pre and model one power amp
SB touch and cambridge dacmagic both with seperate psu's
Epos M16 speakers and lots and lots of cables

Comments

• welcome to chews, sure will find it a pleasant place to hang out,
    all the best,
    matt
    :)
  • Welcome. I'm sure you'll find it a nice place to hang out.
  • HI, I suppose you'll be the Main' Man then? Welcome, we hope you settle right in. Don't I recognise you from posting on Marco's forum?
  • yes that is me, is the M2Tech dac as good as they say?
  • Hi 'Main-man' (I can't call you that - what's your name?)

I don't know tbh - what would I compare it too? All I can really say is I like it a lot, and that's just personal opinion (my ears are no better than anyone else's).

I recently owned two 'top end' Theta DACs from the mid nineties, and the M2Tech walked all over them. The DACMagic and Caiman were also in my home for a little while, and I thought they were excellent for the money too, but they didn't last either.

It's no panacea, but it represents really stonking value for money. Anecdotally the feeling seems to be it's around the Weiss DAC2 in terms of performance, and several on AudioChews have sold Lavrys (both 10s & 11s IIRC) in preference.

• It's David. I want one but not from RA, who else sells them in the uk do you know?

thx
  • I didn't know RA sold them.

Try Purite Audio - the proprietor (Keith, who posts here sometimes) is a top bloke. Make sure you tell him you're on AudioChews!
  • I didn't know RA sold them.

Try Purite Audio - the proprietor (Keith, who posts here sometimes) is a top bloke. Make sure you tell him you're on AudioChews!
    Yup. Keith is @coops of this parish.

Drop him a PM and he'll look after you very well. Just don't mention Alan 
    :-D
  • Hi,

I'm living in Huddersfield too, please tell me where it's sunny please cos I'm freezing here!!

willie G