Naim Audio servicing

edited January 2011 in DIY

If you wish to service your naim CB/Olive series amps I'm here to help , I can provide guidance ..its easy and cheap.

Comments

• Here are some pictures

First some distressed reservoirs cap from a 250 and HiCap

Then the pre serviced reg and amp boards then the same after the service , an afternoons work that saved someone quite a bit of money

:) imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Can you get the original caps as I believe that they are difficult to obtain and that they  do have a bearing upon the sound.

I think there are too many pictures on this page as it is acting a bit delayed whilst typing.

• Pete , the Caps I use have no effect on the sound , if you need the part numbers from farnell , I can PM them to you ...Jon ...typing is delayed , very odd :)
  • Is it delayed on your PC? I thought it might be the open images rather than just links which is making the page slow to load.
  • lets see ... not this time typing nice and fast
  • It's possibly a broadband or Internet routing problem slowing down your connection.
  • edited September 2011
    Hi Naim Nait 5 owners not the 5i a nice tip that will bring the power amp stage to the 5i state (I did the mods for Naim) remove PCB throw away the aluminium heat spreading plate, obtain 4 ceramic TO247 4mm min and a max of 8mm thick insulated pads, use silicon thermal paste apply thin no bumps or missing areas. Resemble with new M3 screws and nuts, then enjoy your new sound.
    It will sound cleaner and run cooler, this is because the collector of the power transistors are driving a smaller chassis coupled capacitance.

Best Col