Pink Floyd Album - Remastered Versions 2011

edited October 2011 in Digital
Evening all. I have most of the Pinkfloyd Albums purchased mostly in the 90's (CD). I also have Vinyl of them but no longer have a turntable.
Has anybody heard any of the newer 2011 stereo versions that have just been released? I am really tempted, but  don't want to be disappointed. The thought of some hi res downloads would be grand but I fear that is years away .      :(

Cheers

Comments

•  

*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING

This is going to sound like I am a PF fanatic, which i am not. I like All music with the same fanaticism

*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING

I bought the new PF DSOTM release for the live wembley concert, which was previously aired on BBC 6MUSIC and is my favorite thing that they have ever done, except for ummagumma, wywh, live in pompeii, division bell....etc.....

I was dissapointed with the live mix (not enough air in the recording) but not the sound quality of it.

I did check out the album and I thought that if I already had the original digtal mixes, which I do including, both CD and SACD versions, I wouldn't bother getting the new releases, though I did think that this is the best digital release of DSOTM that I have yet heard. I still maintain that the origial digital version are good enough, as I still prefer to listen to this band on vinyl, along side bands like like jimi hendrix, the who, shawn lee, kenny burrell, davis (electric period)....etc.... who I think sound better on vinyl not digital, but I always thought that Led zeplin sounded best on CD (better dynamic jumps)...

• edited October 2011
    I have heard the Immersion CDs and I find them rather good, specially the original 1973 "Previous Unreleased Tracks".
    Quality is good and the tracks sound very clear but not harsh.

Will be listening to the 24-96 Blu Ray disc shortly.
  • Hi 'Pinkies',

What would be the most sensible edition of, say, DSOTM to get? I would guess it's a decent early CD which I could rip - not interesting in paying a premium but I would certainly like to fill a hole in my musical appreciation. I'd just like a decent issue which gives most of what the best do, either CD or download,. for sensible money. What say you?
  • I think you can get the new discovery versions (2011 remaster) for about 8.99 I think.
    I may well give them a go myself, judging by other folks opinions.

cheers.
  • I've just remembered... Someone, Hugo I think. Sometimes of the parish, has tried to collect all versions of DSOTM.

He'd be the man. Now where is he these days?
  • edited October 2011
    The discovery versions are reckoned to be good 'uns then? No nasty compression or frequency limiting?
  • Haven't heard them yet. Hope so.