Acoustic Revive and Schumann resonance (help needed)

edited November 2011 in Analogue
Having check out there 7.83Hz Generator I wondered how they generator a magnetic field with a coil on a PCB with both winding starting at the same point let alone the large inductance that would be needed to make it work so help please anybody.

Comments

• hi col, hope you are well and smiling ,
    this one has me perplexed , there is quite a bit written about it on DIYaudio site , 6moons did quite a bit on it too, http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/schumann2/revisited.html  ,
    when i first heard about them i could swear i could smell snake oil , but, having never experienced one i dont know,  accordion to the DIY audio posts , http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everything-else/162477-diy-schumann-resonator.html   ,looks interesting as  diy project,
    are you having a go at building one?
    regs,
    matt
  • Why should it make any difference where the coils start and stop any large coil will generate a magnetic force when you pass current through it. I assume they aren't attempting to lift cars with it, it needn't be strong- it is after all utter bullshit so how weak it is makes no difference   ;-)
  • Why should it make any difference where the coils start and stop any large coil will generate a magnetic force when you pass current through it. I assume they aren't attempting to lift cars with it, it needn't be strong- it is after all utter bullshit so how weak it is makes no difference   ;-)
    hey man,
    is it actually an EM force that its generating? or is it a sort of RF resistant bubble ? have you tried one , most reports claim a difference is audible and repeatable over long term a/b comparison,
    it does look all too good to be true IMO but without trying one i have to remain on the fence ,

:)
  • Hi Gents,

The coil winding cancel each other they are out of phase , so how does it create a field?? Odd
  • That's if you believe that this thing works. Have you heard one?
  • edited November 2011
    as far as i can work out it doesn't create a field in the way an inductor does , rather its a scaler field which from what i can work out is more like an antenna which emits a pulse at the desired resonance, of course i could have completely misunderstood as i am a bit thick !
    as for it working , i have read more reports claiming a definite and repeatable difference than i have read reports from people who have actually tried it saying "it does nothing". i have also read that different Schumann resonators from different makers bring different results .
    odd would be the correct word i feel, but hey, lets keep open to the possibility until it is disproved ,
    please do explore this some more Col, this needs someone with way more understanding than i have to figure out what this thing actually does.
    :)
  • I'm generally very open to things, but this looks so BS-laden that even I'm very dubious. Which is why I'd be very interested in knowing if Col had heard one - or a room/system than had come under its influence?
  • does seem to be too good to be true, just like tellurium q cables, and we all know what happened when i used them , i now cant enjoy my system to the same extent without them, but , i do of course take your point as this device is not 'in the system' and does raise some huge questions ,
    come on Col, spill the beans ,what are you up to in the dark recesses of your lab? inquiring minds want to know
    :-D
  • It seems to work on some folk, but even with a bloody dreadful system it sounds better, in the bath you feel relaxed and feel safe that wife is not now going to come in and drown one.
    I think it effect the mind not the music, maybe they should be fitted in all cars, and must be used by mums dumping kids in the road  for school it might make them think this is not safe.
    It would be fun to try in the Stock Exchange maybe it will improve their behaviour .
    Our dealers in Spain uses it and says it is wonderful, I will check out more and we could then make a giant one to cover the whole world and force peace. Ah just a pipe dream.
  • someone should make a tiny one thats fitted to women's jewellery that comes supplied with a key fob remote, whenever you are planning an upgrade for your system you can activate it just before the new gear is delivered, et viola a happy home!

>:D<
  • It seems to work on some folk, but even with a bloody dreadful system it sounds better, in the bath you feel relaxed and feel safe that wife is not now going to come in and drown one.
    I think it effect the mind not the music, maybe they should be fitted in all cars, and must be used by mums dumping kids in the road  for school it might make them think this is not safe.
    It would be fun to try in the Stock Exchange maybe it will improve their behaviour .
    Our dealers in Spain uses it and says it is wonderful, I will check out more and we could then make a giant one to cover the whole world and force peace. Ah just a pipe dream.

Maybe we could just drop them on the heads of stockbrokers?  :-"
  • edited December 2011
    It was working.