Pink Triangle - miraculous revival .

edited July 2011 in Analogue
I had neglected my music system due to being crazy from 1997 with a realisation of seemingly functioning autism and - well , gender Miss-Alignment - which is of course ongoing without so much trauma .
Recently with enforced retirement from hand drawn interior office visuals , both by the relentless advance of computers and clients keeping everything in-house , I was desperate to sort out a turntable to listen to my LPs .
A 1979 Rega 3 / RB200 with inoperable anti-skate virus , Gyrodec / RB 300 tired , Pink Triangle / Orion - long dead and some amplifiers , Magnaplanar SMGa coming apart as they do ....
I was left with my magical RCL Small Loudspeakers circa 1981 and a recent Linn Classik Movie 'cos I would never find CD / FM / decent stereo amps and a headphone outlet for the ex-dem price of £400 .

With some trepidation , I contacted Arthur Khoubessarian from whom I bought my venerable PT with Orion and Grace f9e .
He came around and , for old times sake , and to show that a PT can last a while, he suggeated a rebuild of my PT with Funk F.XR [ though I would be content with the Orion ] in exchange for the Gyrodec and another £300 .
As I don't have £300 , I offered him EAR 509s Mk1 1980s which need attention , but working .
It appears that he will respray the black ash plinth [ stylish then ] and fit a new lid .

I also contacted Leonard Gregory about having the Grace rebuilt again , but he does not do them anymore .
However , he did offer me an ex dem Musicmaker at a silly price - again 'cos we go back a bit .

I have sold stuff to pay for the cartridge , but the weak links are the Graham Slee Bridge phono and that the Linn won't thrash the RCLs as they demand .
However , from a creaking Rega to the return of an old friend [ ASD loves sameness and continuity ] in a few short weeks is amazing - although the Pink won't be coming home until August / Sept , I have some old duplicate LPs which seem OK with the Rega and Grado Signature 8 .

I am just so grateful for my old aquaintances helping me out in this manner !

dee

Comments

• A great story, Dee.

I hope it all works out.
  • Pink Passion - update .
    Well , it's not hear yet [ pun ] 
    Arthur has had a lot on his platter , so some deelay .
    However , he has sourced a Grace f9e for me which is my all time fave cartridge .
    [ I don't give a damn if it is ' as good as ' something else - the PT etc works for me ]
    In the mean time , I have been revisiting vinyl on the Rega / Linn Classik Movie / Sennheisers creating an acceptable personal system which brings back the music .
    I have also duplicated my favourite La Boheme versions - Beecham / Karajan / Erede 1951 on cd / i-pod , which is high tech for me LOL .
    [ the 1951 Erede seems to suit the i-pod with it's limited dynamic range and forward voices somehow ]