What do you want for Christmas?

edited December 2011 in Other stuff
Gear? Music?

Or something like learning the tuba, or curating the annual Meltdown Festival at the South Bank?

If anyone says 'peace and love' or 'thweet puppiesth, they get a very unseasonal valve amp dropped on their big toe :-)

Comments

• Coffee grinder. Oh and some music.
  • edited December 2011
    Popular science books, comedy DVDs, music (including Paul Motion "Tethered Moon" to please our Dear Leader.)
    Merry Christmas one and all! :-)
  • Coffee grinder. Oh and some music.
    If Santa doesn't bring you a coffee grinder, I have an excellent burr grinder that I keep meaning to eBay. I bought a bean-to-cup machine and it's now superfluous.

I'm sure I can do you a deal ;-)
  • Popular science books, comedy DVDs, music (including Paul Motion "Tethered Moon" to please our Dear Leader.)
    Tethered Moon is fantastic - I love all of their albums. But prepare yourself for achingly slow tempos, if you've not managed to sample it/them on Spotti.
  • Thanks Dave but Santa has already been to Amazon and purchased one.
  • Hm, perhaps a home cooked meal by my music loving spouse.image

What I'd really like though is the XRCD of Dave Grusin's Mountain Dance album. This disc is more rare than impacted molars on a chicken .. now that is rare!

Enjoy whatever it is that one celebrates at this time!
  • Thanks Dave but Santa has already been to Amazon and purchased one.
    No worries. I thought it may have been a way to repay the loaner.
  • how to post pics screen grabs     ;)
  • how to post pics screen grabs     ;)
    Now, sit on my knee, little boy, and I'll make your deepest wishes come true
    =:)
  • Tannoy Buckinghams please Santa Dave please.
  • I'm sorry, little boy, but they're too big for the sleigh, and poor Rudolf isn't getting any younger.
  • Oh another orange then please, Have a lovely Christmas all, and lets hope the New Year is fun too.
  • Oh, BTW, this is what I want, Santa:
    • All the music I want to buy in 32/384 format at below £10 a downloaded album
    • A M2Tech Vaughan DAC to play them on (I know Santa doesn't exist either :-) )
    • An iPad that weighs the same as a Kindle
    • Being the curator of a revived Bracknell Jazz Festival (not the place, but the format and atmosphere)
    • Enough time to listen to my big system, not my office one
    • Oh, and peace to all men (and women) - I can say that 'cos I have the valve amp :-)
  • Well Santa came and left a nice bottle of Scottish Whiskey 10yr old nice.
    And a pair of slippers warm feet at last.
    But he forgot the Tannoy Buckingham,s oh well maybe next year thanks to all the Santa's. Happy Christmas. 
  • Popular science books, comedy DVDs, music (including Paul Motion "Tethered Moon" to please our Dear Leader.)
    Tethered Moon is fantastic - I love all of their albums. But prepare yourself for achingly slow tempos, if you've not managed to sample it/them on Spotti.
    Big FC didn't bring it...
    :-(
  • I reckon he dropped off my Weiss MAN202 to the wrong address, honestly!!!!

Merry Christmas to all

Justin