FS - M2Tech Young Dac

LeeLee
edited January 2012 in For sale
I might regret this but Ive got my eye on a new phono stage with balanced out and since Ive started playing the black stuff the digital set-up is not getting used that much anymore.

This Dac is a very good Dac and bullet proof for future music, and needs no introduction on here. Im looking for a firm £620 to include postage, or it can be collected from Dudley, West Midlands, the Dac has the standard power supply, I never upgraded it but a friend brought his Teddy Pardo one round and it was an excellent upgrade for the money.

Here is a pic of it sitting on the rack, I have the original box etc

Thanks for looking

Lee

Here is a review

Comments

• Now SOLD, dont know what Im going to replace it with though, the wife wants me to get a CD player with an inbuilt digital input something line the Audiolab CDQ etc

Lee
  • Well done Lee - hope you get something good to replace it. The CDQ is where I'd look, but its worth keeping tabs on J Westlake, as plans to offer an upgrade for it so it will match the MDAC. As I understand it, the new CDQs already have a display & transformer upgrade available through Audiolab.
  • Hi Alan

Well looks like Im gonna get me a CDQ after all, seems to tick all the right boxes and so long as it does a decent job of playing music then thats all that really matters to me these days, its took me a while to realise that a high outlay on equipment only produces a minimal reward, well thats my theory and Im sticking by it, LOL

Cheers all

Lee
  • I think you are absolutely right Lee, the best 80-90% of digital quality is attainable at the upper end of 'budget' these days, like the Young DAC, Calyx, Emotiva, Wyred 4 Sound and the Audiolab 8200/MDAC et al.

I would love to try higher end gear but would expect to get punished severely by the law of diminishing returns, its often said the main difference past a certain point is personl taste. So I hope you enjoy your CDQ, be sure to share some kind of review with us.

BTW, I cant remember if you use vinyl? If you don't, an updated 8200 CD will be all you need, as it will have the same performance as a CDQ, but not have the analogue pre (just a didital pre). You would need to be sure it was the updated one though, the same transformer & display upgrade as the CDQ.

I believe the new CROSS output stage (which is what makes MDAC so good) will be offered for the CD & THE CDQ in due course, probably by John Westlake himself.
  • The CDQ should be here early next week hopefully on monday fingers crossed, its a band new unit as the shop I ordered it from are out of stock and have been told there new consignment should be here on friday this week so it should be a new one.

As soon as Ive had a play with it Ill post my findings on here, I aint spun a CD in a couple of years as Ive been Mac and Dac in that time !

Cheers

Lee