Three Lions

edited June 2012 in Off-topic
So what did we make of England's performance tonight then?

I think the commentators got a little carried away. In the first half we were dreadful. Showed signs of improvement in the second half but think we need to improve lots for Italy on Sunday.

Comments

• Thought England lacked penetration up front. Rooney looked a mile off the pace to me. Defensively a bit better - they seemed to have the measure of a limited Ukraine team most of the time.
    If I were English i'd be concerned about coming up against the big boys. In fact the performance tonight reminded me of watching Wales play rugby over the past 12 months - well drilled and fit enough to grind out victories against average teams, but ultimately lacking sufficient spark and creativity to see off the best.
    I do like Gerard though, he could create v Italy. Good luck to the boys.
  • So what did we make of England's performance tonight then?

I think the commentators got a little carried away. In the first half we were dreadful. Showed signs of improvement in the second half but think we need to improve lots for Italy on Sunday.
    Completely agree you mate, I even watched it for once! I quite enjoyed it, haven't watched a soccer tournament for some time, old chap! :D

• Oh, you're talking about football.

Is there some kind of competition on at the moment?
    :-\"