Pet hates

edited June 2012 in Off-topic
Michael Gove.
(This is a moral point, rather than a political one.)
He knows little of child development, learning or schooling. Or if he does, he is eveel.
Terrible man.

Comments

• P.S. his latest Daily Mail rantings about a return to o levels, are far from his worst, but his plumby arrogant face on the news today reminded me of how much I dislike the man.
  • My pet hates big dogs.
  • Fair enough Alan.
    But, was it an afghan hound that proposed spending £1m of the education budget on a new copy of the st. James bible for every school?
    It was not.
  • Oh, Gove is a git!
  • My sources tell me he's a Naim user.
    Twonk.
    ;-)
    Conservative party conference speech 2010...?
    Conservative party conference speech 2010...?

=))
  • It just looks so like him, I find them both repulsive. I am waiting on the wooden dummy to prove me wrong...
  • It does.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is it?
  • Secretary of state for education.
  • No, the other one!
  • PACPAC
    edited June 2012
    Empty bottles of wine are my pet hates  :-S
  • Pob! Hateful childrens TV thing from the late 80s/early 90s.
  • Pob! Hateful childrens TV thing from the late 80s/early 90s.
    Thank you. Completely lost on me, but frighteningly Gove-like in appearance.
  • Another pet hate: my dry tickly cough.And I just ran out of whiskey. :-((

I have some nice malt Alan it works wonders.

I have some nice malt Alan it works wonders.
    It is a nice malt. Can't remember what it is, though
  • Bowmore for me please.
    May be not until after lunch though. Things aren't quite as bad as drinking whiskey in the morning.
    Yet.
  • I shall have make an emergency run to Tesco for more medical supplies. Time to put the blue light on the Ovlov!
  • edited June 2012
    Internet provider like BT, AOL, Talktalk telling you when you sign up you get squiggle down loads speeds and after the first year back to the 2CV standard.
    Then you switch it off restart, told your PC has a fault, funny when you tell them you study computers at uni how quickly they back off but it never gets fixed and never get a call back, but if you do not pay the fuss that kick up, a bit one sided.
    Then the other con is Plusnet (BT hiding) and many more, please if a service provider is reading this and yours works contact me @ craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash.con
  • Caution: rant mode fully engaged......

My pet hate at the moment is eBay and their ridiculous disputes policy. I sold a used camera flash on eBay which was accurately described and contained pics of the flash from all angles. It was in full working order.

The seller then opened a dispute stating that the flash head looked like it 'might fail in the near future'. The seller also commented that it was in full working order. I refused to accept a return so the buyer opened a dispute. eBay found in favour of the buyer without providing any rationale for this. They then took the sale value from my account without so much as an email. On the last day of the 10 day return period the buyer has posted the flash back. I've yet to receive it and don't have the tracking number, yet eBay have reimbursed him anyway and closed the case.

In my view eBay provide no seller protection. They simply aren't interested in me challenging their own guidelines which state the item must be significantly misrepresented in order for me to be forced to accept a return (item listed as no returns).

Can you tell I'm more than a little peed off by this episode? Rant mode off.
  • edited July 2012
    E-bay is crap, we had some Green cable stolen and the sold to a Swedish guy, we got the police involved but neither the money or goods came our way and again e-bay found in favour of the buyer and never even bothered about it being stolen. The Police were bloody useless as well , and the idiot that sold it got of scot free.

So I say down we e-bay lets hope somebody forms a morally sound company with ethic as a pose to greed and replaces E- (rip me of) Bay
  • Agreed Col. There is definitely a growing market for an alternative auction site. Charge 25% of eBay fees and still make a fortune.
  • Lets do it Dave could do web site
  • There are alternative auction sites out there, but I haven't tried them.

I could set up an auction site using Web Auction, but as @Arfa said (I'm not sure if it was here, on my blog or elsewhere) there is the question of having sufficient traffic to sustain it. Although we get a lot of traffic from Google relative to our membership numbers (because Chews has been set up to be Google-friendly) I'm not sure if that would be enough to make it viable.

There's also the legal stuff, of course. I haven't got a clue about that.
  • It may not be anyone we know who makes it happen, but there is a growing case for an alternative to ePay.

Dave, the conversation you had abiout auctions was somewhere on Chews, either on a HiFiHunter thread or my thread about eBay fees.
  • Yeah. I think you're right about the convo with @Arfa.
  • edited July 2012
    Pet Hates cons and frauds.

Modded: Stop it Col! :-) 

I agree with you, but sorry, rules is rules and I have to take the link out.
  • On a totally different subject what has annoyed me today is being asked to sign up to 80 day payment terms on a 3 month I.T. contract. So I drove up the M6 in smelly weather to be offered a job only to loose it due to ridiculous payment terms.

Luckily I have a new Paul Weller box set and a fridge full of San Miguel so all is not lost. The job search can resume next week.
  • On a totally different subject what has annoyed me today is being asked to sign up to 80 day payment terms on a 3 month I.T. contract. So I drove up the M6 in smelly weather to be offered a job only to loose it due to ridiculous payment terms.

Luckily I have a new Paul Weller box set and a fridge full of San Miguel so all is not lost. The job search can resume next week.

That's the attitude! :-)
    Bugger about the crappy contract though... :-(
  • Indeed. Deposit paid and house extension due to start shortly. Only week one of my search so I need to relax a bit.
  • I hate forums that ask you to join then no reply, even writing to the administration you get brushed of, I am glad it not a paying service one could get really pissed of with customer relations, what the hell are they doing, and the fact you cant join in the fun is a bit unfair.

Have tried to join now 3 times it makes think dah.

I suspect the forum architect is reading this now and asking is my network down or is there a virus attack. Or this bloke might be to biased.

And  this is not the first time either.

GET YOU FORUM FIXED PLEASE
    I wonder if that will work.

Bastards!

You did the right thing, James. More power to your elbow (or right foot, accurately placed)!
  • I hate forums that ask you to join then no reply, even writing to the administration you get brushed of, I am glad it not a paying service one could get really pissed of with customer relations, what the hell are they doing, and the fact you cant join in the fun is a bit unfair.

Have tried to join now 3 times it makes think dah.

I suspect the forum architect is reading this now and asking is my network down or is there a virus attack. Or this bloke might be to biased.

And  this is not the first time either.

GET YOU FORUM FIXED PLEASE
    I wonder if that will work.
    But you're already here, Mr Dead. There is nowhere else you can have such fun :-D
  • edited July 2012
    Yes there is went to Calais met old friends sung very badly ate well and got home at 3.00AM a lovely day, and the rain was magic, see more fun.

And now the virus has eaten the site, amazing.
  • Careline Services firstly saying that they cant help you and you just have to suffer, then getting help from one of there helpful staff in another department, the they send you a questionnaire wanting praise for there shitty service. Well done Yeovil you rude idiots, but thanks to a Ms Cathy of the Chard Office who helped, what is wrong with people wanting praises for crap service.
    It like 17yr old no driver designing roundabouts in new towns eh come on guys.
    Or Traffic lights on the end of slip road from a motorway, good for health a crashes.
    Public Services should be staffed and controlled by people who have lived in the real world. A not wet behind the ears Ipod lovers.
    EHHHH moan over

• What is it with grumpy old amp designers & rants?  :))
  • Careful!  [-X
  • What is it with grumpy old amp designers & rants?  :))
    It allow me to boil off and not kill piano lover. >:)
  • Just listening to some nice piano now Col......streamed via the wonders of digital and lots of software  B-)
  • ehhhhh the pain help mother  :((
  • Keep venting old chap, itll keep you from exploding!

I'll be making up the mains cable in a week or two BTW. Thanks for the pointers so far.
  • Opportunistic Unions who organise strikes based on 11% turnout and choose the first day of the Olympics on which to strike. I'm surprised the PCS Union spokesman has the nerve to appear on the main news.....does he feel no shame? Obviously not.
  • Mark serwotka isn't it?
    I think unions have a very important role to play, but that guy is from another era. Possibly another dimension.
  • Yes that's the chap.
  • LinkedIn

REMINDER

I hate these I will not do them.
    I have tried to get of this stupid site but it seems there is no get out from them like the Dread E-Bay rubbish.