Prototype a Artwork by Paul Quick

The workmanship Paul's does is amazing,
The NEW EWA A40

The Amp runs 18W Class A the A/B upto 60W/ch 8R
From right to left:- Power Isolation Switch, Push for instant start and timed out about 1Hr with no music playing, Toggle Switch centre trigger-Up OFF - Down away ON
Switch Toggle on back is for Balance or Phono in.
The new chassis is coming and will be Black, but Paul workmanship is bloody good.

Comments

• I look inside the TOCA SECA that Paul refurbished, and then I look inside the One4 SECA that I “built”.
    And then I put the lids back on and try to forget about the difference between them.

Kind chap too. He was very helpful when I was building the One4. Even sent me a switch.

Pleasing to see the 2 of you pairing up!
  • We have known each other since 1980 a long time, he sold Inca Tech Kit in a shop in Barnstable, the owner was Jim he worked before in Harrods and sold Inca Tech there before opening is own shop, a lovely man, died to young.
  • No Dave your spell checker has got it wrong again it is "OLD GIT" OK he he luv yer bruv
  • Barnstaple! Used to go there regularly in the late 90s/early00s, what was the name of the store?
  • I cant recall I look up a old mag advert and see.
  • edited October 2021
    It was called Queens Hifi in its original location in market Street behind the queen's Theatre. 

That must have been around 1987. A couple of years or so later the name changed to Q for Hifi when me moved across town to Silver Street.

Fun times  :)
  • edited October 2021
    AntiCrap said:
    We have known each other since 1980 a long time, he sold Inca Tech Kit in a shop in Barnstable, the owner was Jim he worked before in Harrods and sold Inca Tech there before opening is own shop, a lovely man, died to young.
    I didn't know Jim was no longer with us. I lost contact with him after he moved to Exeter

• Well Pauls arrived to his home Yesterday, I am waiting for is thought, and this gives me a chance to wish him.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAUL   B 
  • edited October 2021
    It's an absolute belter Col. 

I'm getting the same feeling as when I got my hands on a TOCA all those years ago now and more. 

The sense of realism and emotion I was hearing whilst trawling through my CD collection last night was something to behold.

All in a compact and relatively efficient package to boot.!

Well done sir.! 

• quickie said:
    It's an absolute belter Col. 

I'm getting the same feeling as when I got my hands on a TOCA all those years ago now and more. 

The sense of realism and emotion I was hearing whilst trawling through my CD collection last night was something to behold.

All in a compact and relatively efficient package to boot.!

Well done sir.! 

Well this is very good news! :-)
  • It really does sound outstanding. 

I've only got a little system set up in the back bedroom at the moment running a modified Arcam Alpha 5 CD player with either the Inca Designs ID1P preamp (which I will be servicing soon) or a passive pot with a pair of Q Acoustics 2010i plonked on the window sill, but its Saturday morning thrashing (Julie out playing golf) didn't disappoint  :)
  • My old friend Mike has sent me the only other ID1P to up grade going to collect from Ian soon. Should be interesting not seen one for over 40yrs.
  • The same design Quickie made, Alan as one also, Maria will not part with this one and Mervyn has another on loan and comparing it to the M50 whoops.
  • edited November 2021