Bodge workman ship on Magnum

I have been sent to repair a a Magnum A100.
The mess inside is beyond understanding.
The bodge on workmanship and added useless bit badly is disgusting you who did this should be shot.
It was a older version with H PAK FETs so that is no easily fixed additional PCB to convert TO247 to H PAK would be needed.
The bodge work included addition useless add on and a bloody stupid ON/OFF power switch now smashed due to bad packing I suspect.
Additional badly added speaker terminals crap soldering is a shit of a mess the time to fix and restore exceeds the value.
Please guys if you send me Inca Tech, Magnum, TOCA or TQ kit make sure it is as was when new no added crap or crap workmanship.

Comments

• Now this guy has sent me this e-mail

You broke the on of switch ,can’t accept your bodge you should be ashamed  please supply a new s witch  within 7 days  .    Charles

Her you will the photos of how this poor amp arrived to me.

https://seca.freeforums.net/thread/351/bodge-workman-ship-on-magnum

What a bloody cheek, my suspicion are raised did he bodge it and try to con me? to fix it?

Your thoughts please  
  • Who knows?
    People are arseholes.
  • I have now decided NOT to take on any upgrades or repairs on Magnum or Inca Tech or even TQ stuff.
    As all these company are not belonging to me anymore.
    So send them back to Tony Relph and G.Merrigan , Inca Tech has been dead for over 40yrs so no thanks.
    Now with increasing health problems I do not need the shit these idiot give.
  • Do whatever it takes to keep yourself together, Col. You don't have any obligation to fix old kit. Although, you may decide that the work will yield a decent income without causing too many hassles and stress, in which case it's win-win.
  • Whilst I own nothing by AntiCrap, I have long been aware of his products and standing. People can be shits and screw anyone they can, whilst I hope this will not affect you too much going forward, as you would be a great loss to many. I think I can understand why,  Do whatever makes you comfortable and happy is all I can say.
  • Well, you have posts here and on your forum stating the broken switch that predate your work and his email so he's not got a leg to stand on.
    Yes, I would assume he is a chancer. Strangely there is Magnum A100 on ebayayay that has an odd looking power switch and non-standard front panel mounts "serviced by Colin Wonfor". Not the same one is it?

• This amp is not done by me I do not work on this amp as the whole PCB is well bodged by Magnum AKA Relph, so this is a fake avoid it.
  • So it's not the one you recently saw. It's another one entirely. There seems like a lot of older kit with tenuous links, at best, to you out there.
    Are you selling any off-the-shelf SECAs these days, Col?
  • uglymusic said:
    So it's not the one you recently saw. It's another one entirely. There seems like a lot of older kit with tenuous links, at best, to you out there.
    Are you selling any off-the-shelf SECAs these days, Col?
    Not many SECA PCB go out folk have lost either the will or the knowledge to do DIY since Maplin Closed. So I only get PCB made to order.
  • Gotcha. I think. So you're building the boards and then people put them in their own case?
    Did you ever make any of those how to build it videos we talked about in the past?
    As an aside, I guess with these upcoming energy price hikes, many will be worried about running a, say, 30 watt SECA.
  • Never made videos, decided my accent was crap wanted a posh accent like yours he he.
    To be very honest the new A40 is much much better and on standby it just takes 1W and on ready  to be loud just 40W but it give over 40W/ch at 8R, 80W/4R, 160W,2R and only 260W/1R, but it is much better than the original TOCA ask Quickie.
  • edited February 2022
    I don't have a posh accent. I was born in Camberwell in Sarf East London!
    I was thinking for those of us who don't have A40 money kicking around. The SECA kit would be a better way to get some of that Class A magic. And they are a few generations on from the original TOCA.
  • The PCB's are still available to order.
    I one left in stock ideal for a sub woofer  :D

• edited February 2022
    A SECA-driven sub?  :open_mouth:
  • I'll talk to you if I decide to build a sub :)