Inca tech

Hi all. Been a while since I have posted. And it seem to be quite on here of late. 
So I have been switching my pre amplifiers around and trying to find one that I like. I have tried some many but when I put the Inca tech itx1 back in the system it brings life to the music and is a real joy to listen to. I find myself putting my music on more and more.

I have had many of Colin's designs. And I have enjoyed every one. 
I have a fmt still which I will be putting back in to use so I will have a great looking and sounding system. 

What Inca tech or Colin's items do you have and enjoy? I am going to start looking for more of his grate hifi. 
Many thanks to Colin for making and maintaining this wonderful items. 

Comments

• Justin,

Try the new M40 a beast and sounds the best so far (shhh better than SECA whoops)
  • Hi Colin. 
    Thanks for the reply. 
    When I have the funds to buy your newer EWA amplifiers I sure will. 
    I so glad your still making things and enjoying doing it. 
  • All of Colin’s amps are great.
    I have an Inca Tech Claymore that Colin refreshed a few years back.
    Incredible little thing.
    I’ve also owned a few of his larger class A creations, which are even better.
    No idea why he wastes them on analogue
  • Docfoster said:
    All of Colin’s amps are great.
    I have an Inca Tech Claymore that Colin refreshed a few years back.
    Incredible little thing.
    I’ve also owned a few of his larger class A creations, which are even better.
    Waste them analogue !, you mean real life sounds not a sound made from Pixels, thus digital fibs. o:)
  • My Inca tech itx1 pre died last night it went full volume when I turned the knob just little. So what to do now. 
  • Docfoster said:

:) :) :) :) :)
  • My Inca tech itx1 pre died last night it went full volume when I turned the knob just little. So what to do now. 

Ouch! Send it to the Wonfor hospital?
  • I'd love to have him do it and upgrade but not sure he is doing it now. 
  • That was one of the problems the Claymore I bought as faulty had.
    In my case it turned out to be previous tinkering,  a pinned via had been removed for the vol pot circuit. Cleaned and re-pinned/flowed, done.

Maybe a dry joint in that area?

Let's hope the Wonfor clinic for Post Traumatic Syndrome Veteran Inca Techs is still running...

• I do hope so. It's my go to pre amp. I no Inca tech did another one but I have never seen one. 
  • I'd love to have him do it and upgrade but not sure he is doing it now. 
    I am here send it along I will nurse it and play real music on it not Pixel generated stuff.
    Contact me via ABCaudio
  • Sent message to you Colin on ABCaudio. 
    Many thanks 
  • Managed to fix my Inca tech pre found the problem. Volume pot come away from the pcb so re solder all good now and playing great music. 

• Well done Mark  :)
  • Thanks quckie. 
    How's your Inca tech pre I no you have been doing yours up. 
  • Did the full recap (38 caps iirc) , and a few other bits. 

Source selector is fucked though, and just haven't got round to replacing it yet.! 
  • Ah I see one day maybe. 
    Have you any pictures of your pre internal and external? 
    Iv never seen one. 
  • There is a pic of the guts here. 7th pic down

https://www.abcaudio.biz/ewa2
  • That looks well laid out. I will be looking put for one of them I think. If you ever want to sell let me no. 
  • Yes the PCB that fit the Mother PCB are a the same circuit with part number different.
    I.E. MC and MM have very low noise devices, this was made about 1980 ish , now every body and his mate do the same style or format.
    Paul did you replace the signal path cap with poly carbs? The performance is much improved and the noise floor drops by 6dB. And the do not mind a DC offset.
    All the design of the PCB are done with tape and knife called Chartpack. now all done on that digital spies thing called a PC (Plonker Can't) device. They also screw up music with there Putin Digital Lies. Making the Music a cold war like sound of dread.
  • Sounds good col. I take it not many were made. I have never seen one. Have to keep my eyes open. 
  • There was 10 made and they are all SECA A Class designs.

• Small numbers then col. So will be hard to find one these days. 
    I did see a Magnum MC 250 on eBay the other day. Did you do that one? 
  • edited April 2022
    Sorry my design but Relph Pluck Up the design after I was pushed out of the company, but I did win the court case. So he had to pay my patents fee's yipeee 
  • Just to thread crash...
    Listening right now King Tubby's 'Badness Dub'. The old One4 SECA drives the 12 inch bass cab (along with the main speakers) amazingly.
    Just love it.  B)
  • Ben Just bought 2 X 12 Inch and 2 X 8 inch to make evil PA amp and speakers for Queens Jubilee, street party. 
    With just a Q20 I get at !M 120dB sound level what the is going be like on 500W/ch mmmm planes down at London City Airport maybe  >:)
  • Sounds interesting Colin.
    Anyone on here have any Inca tech plugs. 
  • AntiCrap said:
    Ben Just bought 2 X 12 Inch and 2 X 8 inch to make evil PA amp and speakers for Queens Jubilee, street party. 
    With just a Q20 I get at !M 120dB sound level what the is going be like on 500W/ch mmmm planes down at London City Airport maybe  >:)
    Oh now you’re just showing off!
  • No moving to demolition work.
    I have to make air core inductors from Cu foil should be fun.