LMS and Apple AirPlay

Hey folks, it's Logitech Media Server Tip Week here on Chews!
You never know, one of you guys might find it useful somewhere along the road.
Anyhoo... Without access to my music today, I've renewed a Tidal subscription. The bad news: I can't get the LMS Tidal plugin to work. Maybe a case to try Qobuz because that plugin is asking for a login.
So, I'm using the Tidal app on my phone and playing via Airplay. But I hit the problem I've had in the past with Shairport AirPlay emulation on the Raspberry Pis. It crashes when you press pause on the app. There's loads of talk on the PiCorePlayer forum. Ha! I thought, I'll put Max2Play on the Office Pi, and all will be well. Fat chance! Similar problems.
Then I found the ShairTunes 2 plugin for LMS - someone has thought of most things over there. Removing Shairport from both the playback RPis and using the plugin instead, I now have reliable Airplay. So far, anyway.

Comments

• Just one thing to add, at the moment. ShairTunes 2 only seems to do the original Airplay, not Airplay 2, so I can't play the same music through more than one Squeezebox or Squeezebox-emulating device at the same time. Not a big cost for getting stable Airplay, IMO.