Ewa25

Quick one the ewa 25 for sale on the wam is it significantly different to the new stuff? Would it be a good fit with Cols update Claymore of mine and Ae2's.

Comments

• edited May 2022
    Hi Chris

Swings and roundabouts (in terms of how it compares), but it will perform just great with your kit. (This assumes the cable for sale of the old style mk1 cable, or LS-XXV.)

Early LS-25 was a really impressive cable. Strong bass and crisp definition was the immediate impression you got when comparing to alternatives.

New LS-25 has better imaging, bass slam and dynamics, but presents a fuller sound (which makes the previously impressive bass appear less prominent). It's better across the board, but it's more of the same rather than something that sounds very different (if you know what I mean).

I wouldn't say it's massively different, and I actually use mk1 LS-25 in my workshop. It's still a strong performer.

LS-40 was then made to replace LS-50, and in all areas except outright scale it was better. LS-80 is twinned LS-40, so is the ultimate EWA speaker cable.

HTH.
  • Ls xxv so original? 
  • Chris,

Yes original.
    Roman Numbers. (no not that old Dave)