Marc Van-Moebeke

On Friday I posted this.

Many of the older Pinkfish folk will recall Marc Van-Moebeke of Edude days in the late 1970s to 1980s.

He was a good friend to me in the days of Magnum and Dreadnought and Inca Tech and the other company that makes cable.

He was rushed into hospital for heart surgery but is doing well, having been there 11 yrs ago I feel for him.

GET WELL SOON MARC

On Wednesday I posted this

Sad new today, poor Marc had two operation but did no recover so far from the Coma.
The hospital on the 2nd June 2020 will be switching the machines off.
This has made me feel so sad and to be truthful filled my heart and eyes with tears for my long time friend.
My prays and love go to his family who I watched grow up over the last 40yrs.
Marc Van Moebeke the Einstein Look a like I will miss you.

A young Marc photo here https://seca.freeforums.net/thread/360/marc-van-moerbeke

This  morning just as the world awoke here in the crap city.

I met Marc at a Hi-fi show in Nottingham over 35yrs ago.
We were both looking for Tom Fletcher the Dais man, this was even before Magnum.
Marc had just started Etude in Belgium in a lovely town called Brasschat not from his home of St-Job.
We met outside Dixon, do you remember them I was buying a new scientific calculator as my Sinclair one had died a few hours earlier. I still have it and it still runs on solar.
I knew Tom thru my friend Alan Elsdon (EWA)
After the show we arranged to meet in Belgium, I took the pre cursor to the Magnum amps then known at MIH all made at Canvey Island.
There I also met the ProAc king and my mentor on business problems, I knew him as Paul Tyler, later he introduced me to Mr. Relph (spit cough) of the REGA company now and wisely owned by Roy not Relph and Gandi.
Thus ProAc Magnum amplifiers came to be then only 3 channels at 100W/ch.
We had fun lots of me steeling his lovely kids to play and making interesting toys, like cannon, home made welding kit, jet planes the usual mad nutter stuff.
I watched the kids grow up and have kids of there own great days.

to be continued

Sorry guys getting a bit emotional.

Comments