Claymore

Hi ,
The volume pot in my Claymore has gone abit dodgy. Having read up apparently 10kohm pot to replace it? Colin😉. Just opened it 100k were the values changed when updated ? . Which replacement is required  please.

Regards Chris 

Comments

• edited July 2022
    The original design does have a 10k pot.
    Mine has a 50k pot which has not affected the sound quality, although there are other mods done.
    The 50k gives more useful physical travel on the pot, although there is more to the equation for choosing pot rating.
    Colin, when available, will obviously advise you best on how to proceed.

Is your amp privately worked on or been back to base for work?

• Yeah. Unfortunately, Colin isn't on Chews every day.
  • Went  to Colin for update.
  • In that case and if you can't wait for Colin to see and respond to this thread, then I'd say change like for like, assuming you are confident to do such work. It does entail completely removing the board from the chassis...

• Says 100k and 4l3 on the body. Trying to upload an image so I know if its an alps or what.
  • Sorry, it's not possible to upload to Chews. I shudder to think what would happen if bots managed to access the storage.
    So, what you need to do is have your image on image or file sharing (Ben uses imgur.com, I've used Dropbox, but it shouldn't matter where your image is, as long as you can get a sharing URL from it).
    Paste the sharing URL into this bit:
    and you'll be away.

• Chris, the 100K are externally loaded and I found the tracking left and right better than the cheaper alps (whoops). Now al last I have found that the Blue Alps can be fitted with a shaft extender or re-tapping the grub screw hole.
    But the 20K log from RS are not cheap try on Amazon, and save a few pennies.