Dreadnought

Hi all 
Dose anyone no what the Inca tech Dreadnought is like and the specs on it. 
Many thanks 

Comments

• Justin the Dreadnought was not a Inca Tech Product, it was made before then and before Magnum and by Elsdon Wonfor Ltd or EWA, This black one is rare normally they are Strontium Blue, and engraved, 2 version made 200W/ch and 300W/ch Martin Column did a review on them, and Howard Popeck sold them from his shop.
  • edited April 2023
    I'm sure I read a review once way back in the flat response /Hifi review. Was probably Malcom Steward (rip) or Chris frankland. 

Was big, powerful & blue  B)

• Claymore pre-amp?
  • It's an IT1X. Uses Claymore PCB though
  • Thanks, Paul, but I fear I'm none the wiser  :s 
  • I love this stack of heavy metal goodness - and I want it all.

Sadly I don't think I will, the Dreadnought is a monstrous big amp but I already have Wonf's most recent stab at that, however rare this is. And a Claymore pre is something I have wanted for - it really must be ten or twelve years! And this is only the second I have seen. In fact, it's scarcity is why I asked Colin to help modify my Magnum pre, which I still have.

But in honesty, probably the Q-20 pre is a better sounding, higher performance bit of kit. But when Colin's old stuff - especially the rare stuff - comes up for sale I always want it - it must be like what a classic car collector feels like!

• Dave the old Inca Tech Claymore had wiring inside to use as a pre only. Same PCB minus power amp section, smaller transformer and a few odd bits.
    The Phono stage had much closer tolerance bits this was only possible on iss6 and iss5 Claymores.
    CCT on my spit spit cough sorry Dave my forum/data store site.
  • Thanks, Col. Who knew? Not me, anyway. Situation normal...