The Iinn Trenches.

Im not afraid to admit that I like Vinyl, neither am I embarrassed by the fact that I use an LP12 to do so. I came here having been exiled by a previous forum for frequently defending those facts.
Out of curiosity, I visited that old forum to day only to discovered the same prejudice is there.
Muppet land is still pursuing the same 40 year old theme  :p sad.
I like to listen to music, I enjoy it many ways but do prefer vinyl given the choice (hard to do these days due to my hands)
Thank god I found here.
Sensibility returned and judgment disappeared B)

Comments

• I really couldn't care what people listen on. I'm interested in what they listen on, but as for caring...

Old battles. Long since best forgotten.

• It's best just to be happy with the music you choose, played back on the equipment you chose.
    Never mind what others think/say.
  • Why do people get so wound up about hi-fi?
  • True Music and not that digital muck  :)
  • Pistols at dawn, 14!
  • Can we use CD's instead ? or Katana's 
  • ^^^^^

Pretty sure I couldn't lift one to use...

>:)
  • And I was going to use razor-sharp CDs as ninja frisbees.
  • I also like a bit of Vinyl. I used to have a LP12 but now have a Townshend Rock
  • Any good, was it worth the replacement, what made you change?
  • PS. I only ask this because Im interested, not a linn fanatic. Had mine since 1984 and just couldn't be bothered to change since then.
  • Billc666 said:
    I also like a bit of Vinyl. I used to have a LP12 but now have a Townshend Rock
    I'm 100% streamed digital, but if I did have a turntable, I'd like a Rock.
  • pray tell me why ;)
  • Why I would like a Rock?

Or why would I be 100% digital streaming?
  • The Rock, in its first 3 guises as heard by me, was very good indeed. To my ears it was a perfect mix of what a LP12 did best and what a Xerxes did best.
    Well engineered, did what a Michell should have done, just not as flipping gorgeous looking as a Gyrodek.

The lesser known Townshend Avalon was a scaled down version and was absolutely fabulous, competed against EB101 etc. It was short lived and discontinued, I believe, due to high production costs, much like the Michell Mycro.
  • Thank you. You seem to have much more experience with high end decks than I. Im glad you enjoy it, long live vinyl B)