Pants...

edited September 2011 in Off-topic
Just crashed my van into the front of a combine on a slow blind bend near Arlington. You should see the way the blades cut my van open like a KitKat wrapper!

I am either very lucky, or not depending on your frame of mind.

Written from the A&E waiting room one handed due to a painful wrist.....otherwise relatively fine.

Pics to follow. Please be safe peeps. %-(

(I have no idea what the smilie will be, as I pressed it by accident & my fat finger cant sort it out on its own with this phone.)

Comments

• Oh. Not good.

But at least you're just about OK.

Is there anything I can do?
  • Blimey. Really sorry to hear that, but glad you're OK Alan.

The event reads like a scene from Final Destination 6...!

I hope everything mends and is resolved easily.

Ben

• damn Alan , hope your wrist is ok enough to only need a couple of weeks off in front of your system enjoying some fine tunage ,

get well soon mate!
    all the best
    :D
  • Thanks chaps, wrist is just bruised up inside. very painful though, hope i a strong enough to work by monday.

there is such thing as a relaxing time in front of the system, with three small ones being home taught......
    %-(
  • Take it easy, mate.

And how about a few music lessons? :-)
  • Glad to hear are ok Alan.
  • Alan please please tell me your ear are still working,   get well soon.
  • Thanks all, ears survived fine also! Which is more than can be said for the van, or the part of the combine that was written off....watch those blind bends everybody, they might catch you out too! I watched people come round there for an hour when I took all the gear off the van prior to recovery, and everyone - bar no one - came round faster than I did. So I'm glad I hit it, or someone may have been killed.

The note on the windscreen reads: For sale, 1 careful owner. Slight cosmetic damage, should polish out...
  • Was the combine ok?
    Take care of yourself vb Keith.
  • Oh poo. That's more of a mess than I'd expected.

Looks as if you got away as lightly as you were going to from that.
  • A new van design with crash damage fitted like torn jeans, it might catch on.
    I am glad you are OK Alan, well back to getting ready for Paris, what the French for large beer?
  • edited September 2011
    Bloody Hell Alan.
    Looking at that wreck, I'm grateful you're ok.
    I am glad you are OK Alan, well back to getting ready for Paris, what the French for large beer?
    [In loud voice] "A large beer sill vus plate!"
  • Blimey that's a dreadful smash Alan....I can see what you mean about being lucky to escape with a minor injury.  Your van on the other hand looks very poorly.
    [In loud voice] "A large beer sill vus plate!"

:-))
  • It did not work, just got filthy look the guy was from Egypt and spoke ingles and Arabic thank good Geoff can ask for beer in Arabic  :-D
  • He just asked the waiter if he would water his camel...