Looking to buy:

edited March 2014 in Wanted
Some second hand TQ speaker cable. Can probably only afford black, looking for 2.5 m or thereabouts, not fussed about termination. To go between my fixed up, and just lovely toca Seca and some an-j... Anyone?
Cheers
Ian

Comments

• That sounds like a very good system there, Ian. I'd guess the SECA and the ANs were made for each other, and with the TQ cable... Bliss!
  • yes indeed - the Sugden i loved so much has been ousted and the recently refoamed Js are getting better and better - i think the new caps on the toca are breaking in too. still to compare properly with the harbeth p3esr but thats an odd one anyway given the size difference. going on memory its a less driven / cohesive and slightly drier sound but the transparency and soundstaging is frankly ridiculous. never too bright either. interested to see what difference an active pre will make and, like you say, the speaker cables too. i'm still using some old mordaunt short cable i bought as a teenager about 20 years ago!

btw hope it's not a bit rich to be looking for 2nd hand tq in a forum colin frequents so often - if so please slap my wrist and i'll scarper off to his website and buy brand new...!
  • edited March 2014
    Oooo.
    Ian, yours sounds a very pleasing system. It'll feel very at home here!

EDIT - sorry I'm very posessive of my TQ UBs ... ;-)
  • go on, go on, go on, go on...
  • yes indeed - the Sugden i loved so much has been ousted and the recently refoamed Js are getting better and better - i think the new caps on the toca are breaking in too. still to compare properly with the harbeth p3esr but thats an odd one anyway given the size difference. going on memory its a less driven / cohesive and slightly drier sound but the transparency and soundstaging is frankly ridiculous. never too bright either. interested to see what difference an active pre will make and, like you say, the speaker cables too. i'm still using some old mordaunt short cable i bought as a teenager about 20 years ago!

btw hope it's not a bit rich to be looking for 2nd hand tq in a forum colin frequents so often - if so please slap my wrist and i'll scarper off to his website and buy brand new...!
    Sorry no second had TQ here,we get none ever back.
    But often on upgrades you can find it on Ecrap or other forums.
    Also I do not get involved with the sales side of TQ, I just make the tea. 
    >:) >:)
  • can't say i'm surprised - bet it's a darn fine cuppa too!
  • can't say i'm surprised - bet it's a darn fine cuppa too!

~O) Yes
  • edited March 2014

....Please.......two sugars... :)

• ...I may have the opportunity to pick up some audio note an-d cable, is anyone familiar with it, or how it might compare to TQ blue and black?
  • I've never tried the Audio Note cable.

I think i've got a 2.5m pair of TQ Blue here somewhere if your interested ?
  • edited March 2014
    Quickie in da house.
    We have us an offer!!!
    Audiochews keepin' it real!
    Hell yeah!
  • Haha, that'd be smashing quickie, thanks, I'll send you a PM...