More Blogs Please

edited June 2022 in Members' blogs
Locked up here in my dungeon not seeing anybody for days on end, but everyday going to Audio Chew's page I am sure now that most of the readers have gone on holiday. 

So is there anybody a live out there??????   >:)

Comments

• Yep  I'm not on holiday, you may remember my posts on Tesla, in a former guise. I don't get out much but I have gotten two more books on the man and I have to say I'm fascinated.  Why do I get so pissed with Dysons claim of a "digital motor"
  • Why are you locked in your dungeon, Col?
  • Dave ticker playing silly games can't walk far without being very breathless and or falling over, waiting for another operation it has been cancelled twice. I just want to be able to leave house and go on trains to somewhere like the sea side. Well miffed. more pills to take to keep BP down and ticker running, you can't get WD40 on NHS. B)
  • Yep  I'm not on holiday, you may remember my posts on Tesla, in a former guise. I don't get out much but I have gotten two more books on the man and I have to say I'm fascinated.  Why do I get so pissed with Dysons claim of a "digital motor"
    The old ICL tape machine use digital motor drives that was early 1980's one of my project. Howard P leant me another book on Tesla I give info later Sam my son has borrowed it a this time.
    Lets face nothing is really new, ideas based on other ideas leads to new innovation, and that how it should be. It just a shame world leaders never learnt about the past and the end or tyrant normally bloody and by there own people.
  • We're those digital motor drives ( did they lie? ;) ) on the tape micro drives of e.g. the OPD units or something larger?
  • cj66 said:
    We're those digital motor drives ( did they lie? ;) ) on the tape micro drives of e.g. the OPD units or something larger?
    Yep they lied they said the data was secure he ha he, how many gov leak was there then?
    But the best bit was the so called 1MB data storage the size of a washing machine proper data storage.

Not even IGB well ok now a Giggle Bit 
  • AntiCrap said:
    Dave ticker playing silly games can't walk far without being very breathless and or falling over, waiting for another operation it has been cancelled twice. I just want to be able to leave house and go on trains to somewhere like the sea side. Well miffed. more pills to take to keep BP down and ticker running, you can't get WD40 on NHS. B)
    Get well soon, and come to the seaside. Do that Victorian thing of taking the waters  :)
  • AntiCrap said:
    cj66 said:
    We're those digital motor drives ( did they lie? ;) ) on the tape micro drives of e.g. the OPD units or something larger?
    Yep they lied they said the data was secure he ha he, how many gov leak was there then?
    But the best bit was the so called 1MB data storage the size of a washing machine proper data storage.

Not even IGB well ok now a Giggle Bit 
    How things change. 

I was looking at some brochures I wrote for IBM in 1986 and 87. Memory: tiny. Processors: feeble. Networking: glacial. 
  • I worked on the System 10 computer that ICL took over that's how I met Alan Elsdon at Tip Tree. It used Ferrite core memory slabs at a massive 10KB and you go get really big to 200KB, I think our shower has bigger memory, But it I helps to prove my point about digital lies. Why the Hell do we need massive storage for programs have the programmers gone down the pan with greed or is it just one up man-ship, or spies, NO it just digital lies and the size is use because they are not digital programmers and are just bog standard office staff, real programmers do not use fancy assemblers but real Zero's and One's. Proper stuff.
  • My developer friends would flip you the digit :)
  • So true Sir Dave so true.  >:)
  • AntiCrap said:
    Dave ticker playing silly games can't walk far without being very breathless and or falling over, waiting for another operation it has been cancelled twice. I just want to be able to leave house and go on trains to somewhere like the sea side. Well miffed. more pills to take to keep BP down and ticker running, you can't get WD40 on NHS. B)
    Darn it.
    I’m crossing my fingers for a short wait for the successful op.
  • edited June 2022
    I just fancy the WD40 idea to be honest the last op made me ill and only 19hrs a short day he he.  :s :s >:) of to get the new badge  o:)