ISS Claymore

Good morning!

I have a Claymore for sale. Serviced and upgraded by Colin in 2018. I had previously advertised this but none of the buyers that had contacted me followed through.

This is an early iss version in generally excellent condition. I have had the amp since around 1995-the amp had upgraded rca inputs for CD and new volume pots at the time. The phono stage is moving magnet.

In November 2018 it had an extensive service by Colin Wonfor with many parts upgraded. The following work was done:

4 new mosfet and ceramic washers.

4 10,000uF caps.

4 6 amp diodes.

1 LED (green) replacement.

Assorted upgrade capacitors.

Fixed resistors in pre PSU.

New PCB mounts.

Checked terminals and tested.

Upgraded screen cable on phono section.

The buyer should be aware that:

Cosmetically the amp is generally lovely but does have some light marking in places (nothing serious).

There is a slight crackle on the source selector pot when switching, but not a problem once selected. 

Please PM if you are interested. The upgrades cost me over £200; I’m asking for £200 plus shipping. Don’t mind collection or dropping it off if it turns out that you are nearby. 

Comments

• edited July 2022
    "ISS Claymore"???
    Is this the one Colin designed for NASA, International Space Station Claymore >:)

The board will say which ISS ( issue ) it is.
    One through to six. That light crackle on the selector could be simply dirt or the switch actually failing or problems with the electronic switching found on earlier "issues".

Good price though.

• edited July 2022
    Should have said ISS 1  :) re: the crackle, it’s been there as far as I can remember and never seemed problematic; I’m assuming it  is not a switch failure. Re: price, it’s fair I think, following the service Is expect another 20 years out of it, but I don’t see the point of it sitting in a pile of unused equipment when it could go to someone who’d use it daily as intended. 
  • Looks good!
  • Hi there have you any pictures? 
  • @justshoemark apologies this is now sold to @Kazam

• OK. I'll close the discussion.
This discussion has been closed.