Any one here own a R2R

Back in the mid/late 60s I was part of a band (sad). We recorded some rehearsals on a Ferograph 4 track that I still have and would like to get transferred to cd? I know they would possibly be crap, but just for old times sake. Any ideas were I could get this done?

Comments

• Not immediately. Have you done a Google search?
  • Yep but never sure with what it brings up. I have no experience of transferring 40+ year old tapes and would be disappointed to loose them. Just wondered if anyone here knows about R.R and how to go about it.
  • Fair enough.
  • edited March 2023
    Well that was a little strange, I opened the thread thinking you'd just landed yourself a Rolls Royce!
    I assume the music on the R2Rs is in stereo and not full four track?
    If stereo a little digital interface would do the job, such as the little  Behringer or similar.
    If full four track I guess you'd need to bump it down to stereo first. The old four track compact cassette "portastudio" range from Tascam was king amongst wannabe bands, including mine  ;) and were capable of this job.

Ours looked a lot like this one and they're not bank breakers.

BTW, which instrument did you play?
  • Should have been R2R sorry. Also no longer have the tape deck, just the tapes so no means of playback. Thank you for your comments.
  • Ahhh ok, I read your post wrongly, I thought you still had the R2R deck.
    You'll probably need to seek out a local  company that offer this kind of service.
  • Found one, apparently they can transfer to cd, I know its going to be probably be crap but its part of my life. No matter how bad Id like to hear it at least once. We will see :)
  • That's great. Glad you found someone who could do the job.