Low out put and gain.

Hi all. 
I have recently got an old beogram 6000 with a linear tone arm. Nice looking turntable and plays well. 
The only thing is it has a built in phono stage but has a very low output I believe 200mv. 
With this I find I don't get enough volume. 
Is there anything I can do to up the output. 
Many thanks Justin 

Comments

• IIRC that was a quadrophonic turntable?

Does it have the original stylus/cartridge? I'm not sure how this deck would react to a "normal" pickup.
    It's output was spread over the four channels i.e. 4x 200mv via an on board decoder. Making it's output, supposedly, always line level.
    I'm thinking it might be stuck in quad mode, effectively halving the output with a stereo record.
    Does the quad indicator light come on?

More questions than answers unfortunately.

After a quick Google I can confirm the above and known age problems with the quad demodulator on the "CD4" variant.
  • Hi there. 
    Yes it is a quadrophonic turntable. 
    No it has a mmc s cartridge in it not the mmc6000. 
    There is a switch on the side to change from cd4 to stereo. 
    The cd4 is not on and doesn't come on when using the switch. 
    I'm not sure if it comes on when you use the switch or it can detect a cd4 vinyl. 

If I test with a multimeter at the 5 pin din and a get 200mv on four of the pins would that suggest it's in quad mode? 

• What a great thing! I remember those turntables, but nothing useful in this thread, I'm sorry to say.
  • My knowledge on this deck stops at the end of previous post!

There's no doubt a B&O forum ( oops, I hope Dave's not looking :# ) where you could find some buffs that know this particular TT and can assist.
  • cj66 said:
    My knowledge on this deck stops at the end of previous post!

There's no doubt a B&O forum ( oops, I hope Dave's not looking :# ) where you could find some buffs that know this particular TT and can assist.
     :p