A tiny amp

Hi Dave, OK I have decided to do a simple kit with a USB PSU out and RCA in and volume kit, so it can power Digital Pies (lies).
15W into 8R ideal for the beginner with dual component fixing i.e. a leaded or SMD, simple chassis and cheap or Blue Alps volume,
DIY or ready made or part made a no chassis version, so watch this space and Hi-fi Answers.

Dave! what power does the Pie take is 5V at 3.5A enough ?analogue PSU   o:)

Comments

• The official Raspberry Pi 4 PSU is 5V 3A, so perfect!

RPi 4 uses USB-C for power.

Project sounds interesting. My bathroom setup may be waiting for it! Now, do I want the burned fingers?  :)
  • No finger burning for you is out we need you to write and Wolf Whistle at the girls on the beach OK have you got that buddy he he  B)
  • OK so for a little extra it could be pushed for safe operation to 5A gives us room for HDD and more 0001110010010 lies
  • AntiCrap said:
    No finger burning for you is out we need you to write and Wolf Whistle at the girls on the beach OK have you got that buddy he he  B)
    I'm thinking the 'write' bit is what you're aiming at.
  • AntiCrap said:
    OK so for a little extra it could be pushed for safe operation to 5A gives us room for HDD and more 0001110010010 lies
    That's an interesting one. I don't know if it's best away from the RPi, running its own PSU - see previous conversation somewhere on here with Chris.
  • It looks like the first Kit will be called HIP 1 after Howards names.
  • Cool!

And my photo here is of an album called Last of the Hipmen  :)
  • Blimy Dave, aren't you a bit young for a HIP replacement >:)
  • I'm still 100%, totally Hip!  :D  B)
  • And he Hops a lot on hot coals, ok on bed of nails.
  • You understand the Life of Ugly Music  :o  ;)  >:)