EdwardTeach listening load and clear.
I have an old collection of hifi gear,
Inca Tech Claymore
Cambridge Audio R50 copies,
Cambridge Audio pre and power amp,
Rega pre and power amp,
Rega cd,
Mordant Short floor standers
Inca Tech Claymore second helping, which led me to this site, while searching information on the different incarnations of the Claymore. 

Comments

• Hi Edward.

What can I help you with?

Best Colin Wonfor 
  • Hello Colin,
    Thank you for your reply,
    Right, where shall I start,
    First off, 
    I was a little unsure who I was talking with, I did some research, and am a little gobsmacked to say the least, my first Hello, on this, new to me forum, found yourself, what can I say, totally unexpected  :)
    Moving on,
    I have had a Claymore since about 1990, paired with a Linn Sondek and AR22BX's, and have always praised its performance.
    In the early 2000's I picked up a pair of R50 self build copies, all brand new drivers in the boxes,
    These I ran with the Claymore and a computer based music collection, in my newly built 30' x 19' garage, the reason for getting large floor standers, this sounded better than anything else I ever had.
    Moving on 20 years, the volume knob on the claymore 'plays up' when you adjust the volume, a little tap with a finger and its ok, I only listen at a set volume, (90° turn)
    I have had thoughts of getting some cleaner, Deoxit D5, for the volume knob, but if it went wrong I could be in trouble, so I scoured ebay until I came across a replacement.
    Having bought a replacement, I noticed slight differences, and my quest began.
    While searching for information on the claymore, I happened upon this site, and here we are now.
    These are the two Claymores I have, No.1, owned since the 90's, and No.2 owned since last Thursday 25-07-2024, they have different components inside, so I am assuming they are of different series or versions !
    Would you have any info on these differences please.

Thank you.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/201143986@N04/Ug1698Wt9H

https://www.flickr.com/gp/201143986@N04/4PcN3609W7

https://www.flickr.com/gp/201143986@N04/8zfpf27J54

• They are both iss6 one early the other 1 2 year later the volume control on the later one fits into pres done .
    Fit a blue alps 20Klog the shaft will be to short so either re tap grub screw or make a shift extender. 
    The latest up changes the FETs and caps and diode plus the volume to a blue alps.
    Read on Chew about the upgrade or go to ABCaudio web pages.
    A few folk here have had there Claymore done chat with them I a bit biased. ( it's bloody good) to you I biased he he

Send me a txt via Chew I send you email or getting from ABC Audio.
    Alan Brown runs ABC Audio not I.

Best Col 
  • Dam can't edit spelling 
  • AntiCrap said:
    Dam can't edit spelling 

Click the cog wheel, Col. That should let you do it.
  • EdwardTeach listening load and clear.
    Inca Tech Claymore
    Rega pre and power amp,
    Rega cd,
    Inca Tech Claymore second helping, which led me to this site, while searching information on the different incarnations of the Claymore. 

Hi Edward. I'm Dave and Chews is my place on the interwebs. Welcome!
  • AntiCrap said:
    They are both iss6 one early the other 1 2 year later the volume control on the later one fits into pres done .
    Fit a blue alps 20Klog the shaft will be to short so either re tap grub screw or make a shift extender. 
    The latest up changes the FETs and caps and diode plus the volume to a blue alps.
    A few folk here have had there Claymore done chat with them I a bit biased. ( it's bloody good) to you I biased he he

Best Col 
    Hello Col

Thank you for the info and the volume control replacement info,
    I shall read up on the Chew and ABCaudio pages about the latest upgrade options.
    I will send you a text/message through Chew,

Thank you again Ed.

uglymusic said:
    Inca Tech Claymore
    Rega pre and power amp,
    Rega cd,

Hello Dave, 

Thank you for the welcome,

I look forward to any discussions

Ed.

• AntiCrap said:
    They are both iss6 one early the other 1 2 year later the volume control on the later one fits into pres done .

Best Col 
    Hello Col

Thank you for the info and the volume control replacement info,
    I shall read up on the Chew and ABCaudio pages about the latest upgrade options.
    I will send you a text/message through Chew,

Thank you again Ed.

uglymusic said:
    Inca Tech Claymore
    Rega pre and power amp,
    Rega cd,

Hello Dave, 

Thank you for the welcome,

I look forward to any discussions

Ed.

B)