Magnum or sugden power amplifier

Hi all just wondering if any one on here had any of the above for sell. Many thanks 

Comments

• Ian may sell his Magnum A100 at 400W 8ohm mono
  • I made them for my dear friend Mike Banski RIP he helped me start Inca Tech.
    This went on to be Root2 and Catch22 and then TQ the last I regret starting.
  • Is that mono blocks or one big amplifier Colin. Bet they sound good. 
  • edited September 11
    Massive mono blocks and bridged internally 1ft cube . They can give 780W 4ohm 32 FETs a channel. 1KV Transformer.
    Evil beast Martin Columns used them to test speakers and Celestion used on SL600 at show and they caught on fire the speaker that is in front of reviewers.  So funny the then TD Edd Form was in shock. He he
  • If you want a big monster the Inca Tech MSB is one to hunt down. Stolen from my Lab 2KW a channel stereo. Great on Wharfedale Diamonds bass like you never heard.
  • Sounds good to me Colin. Seems so hard to pick up your earlier amplifiers
  • Hi all just wondering if any one on here had any of the above for sell. Many thanks 
    May I ask... Any particular reason you're looking at these particular units?

They can be improved upon with one of the kits Colin has recently released into the wild !
  • To be honest any of Colin's power amps I would be happy with but alot of it comes down to cost. I know Colin's amps a very good. 
     As for sudden just fancy hearing one of there power amps I have never had one. 
  • To be honest any of Colin's power amps I would be happy with but alot of it comes down to cost. I know Colin's amps a very good. 
     As for sudden just fancy hearing one of there power amps I have never had one. 
    I would say you're coming into the game at a great time.
    Colin has refined the design and come up with the HIP amp. I can vouch for it's performance in sound quality. It's more refined than the original Claymore for sure.

For around £350 it is an utter bargain !
  • Don't think I have seen any of them. What's there spec. 
  • Don't think I have seen any of them. What's there spec. 
    @AntiCrap

What's the specs for the Hip amp Col ?
  • 40W stereo 90W bridge power amp.
    2 pre a SECA and a normal high grade op amp.
    Both have MC MM and Aux.
  • That sounds sound to me. 
  • Just pick up an early claymore for £60 I am well chuffed have taken lid of yet to see what it's like under the hood. 
  • Just some pics of the claymore 
  • An Issue 6, last of the original Claymores, same as I have.

@AntiCrap
    Any more information and pics for the HIP? Passed me by....
  • I'm not sure col I think so. How would I tell 
  • First see if it has 4 off 10,000uF cap and Ceramic insulators under new FETs, or post internal pic on chews.
    Best Col
  • Looking at first PIC no ceramic and old FETs, so not upgraded sorry,
    But you got a bargain a good bargain.
  • At £60, what a bargain!
  • Yes that's what I thought I'm well happy with it. 
    Can the upgrades still be done. If they haven't been done. 

• They can caps fets misc ceramics
  • Col do you still do the upgrades or do you still sale the upgrade kits with all the components that need replacing?
  • Justin I still do upgrade this week two came over from Australia 40yrs old and still working.
    So up you're TQ distribution idiot
  • Sorry didn't get that last bit of the reply. 
  • They will.
  • Ok col. How much do you charge for the upgrade? 
  • AntiCrap said:
    They will.

They been telling untruths, Col?
  • LOTS AND LOTS
  • Col do you still do the upgrades or do you still sale the upgrade kits with all the components that need replacing?
    Mark, I'm pretty handy with stuff and have a lot of gear to do the work, but having Colin's eye over the unit is pretty priceless with all his knowledge.
    I think it's around the £250 price for a Claymore overhaul 👍
  • Just pick up an early claymore for £60 I am well chuffed have taken lid of yet to see what it's like under the hood. 
    Justin,
    As good a buy your Claymore is, I would personally invest any further monies into Colin's HIP Amp. It has a greater sense of 'finesse' about it's overall presentation.
    Admittedly, the Claymore upgrade Col performs will take the Claymore up to around 90wpc.
    The HIP Amp is very generous with it's power delivery, I've never felt like it's running out of steam here.