Steve Jobs (of Apple): RIP

edited October 2011 in Off-topic
This seems to merit its own thread, given the fact that most people will find their way into computer audio because of this man's touch for intuitive design.

Very
sad news, I know he will be sorely missed by many who consider him a
visionary. Its hard to imagine a single person influencing so many
peoples lives through technology again.

Big news, as Apple are such prominent players in computer audio playback.

Comments

• Yup. Such is the power of the man's thinking that when I bought my first Mac 3 1/2 years ago, I wasn't prepared for the number of other Apple products that would find their way into my and SWMBO's lives - two Mac minis, an iMac, a MacBook Air, two iPhones, an iPad, an Apple TV, an AirPort Extreme and two Airport Expresses! 

The thinking at Apple is on a different level from most companies in any field.

Steve Jobs was not so much older than me. And look what he achieved. An absolute genius of our age.
  • A true visionary of our time and I doubt we will see anyone else like him for many years to come.

We've only recently started using Apple products and I can't see us changing them for a long time.....Apple has left all other manufacturers in their wake - just look at the glut of copycat smartphones and tablets now available.

Cancer is no respecter of class, age, wealth, social status.....RIP Steve and the many many other people who also lost their battle with the big C yesterday.
  • I have an iphone, which is great.
    But really I don't know as much as you guys about Apple products to say anything sincere about the company's products.
    I don't know much about Steve Jobs either, but this morning I heard on the radio a recording of him speaking a few years ago about death, or rather
    about life, and the importance of using our lives to become our true selves. Before they played the tape I thought "Oh no, this is going to be cringe-worthy", but he spoke amazingly well. Quite
    remarkable and uplifiting words in fact. Brought a tear to my eye.
  •      
    “Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”

Steve Jobs - 2005.
  • Thanks Brum. That is exactly the quote to which I was referring.