Listening to ...

Comments

• Cannonball Adderley - Somethin' Else
  • Bob Dylan - Blood On The Tracks

B-) B-) B-)

Deserves way more cools than 3
  • Actually, I have to admit to having a soft spot for BOTT... It's one of the only examples of his Bobness I've ever had about my person. Someone casseted it for me way back.
  • It's a bloody superb piece of work.  BOTT, Highway 61 and Street Legal show his genius.  IMV his weaker stuff is better than most people's best.

He is the Coltrane of the folk and rock world.

Again like Coltrane his influence shows up everywhere.
  • It's a bloody superb piece of work.  BOTT, Highway 61 and Street Legal show his genius.  IMV his weaker stuff is better than most people's best.

He is the Coltrane of the folk and rock world.

Again like Coltrane his influence shows up everywhere.
    You see, I even have taste when it comes to his Bobness :-)
  • I must try harder with Alice Coltrane. So far it's left me cold.
  • edited March 2012
    Have you tried Ptah. The El Daoud and Journey in Satchidananda?
  • Never heard of it/them/they?
  • Eric Dolphy - Other Aspects
  • Cannonball Adderley Quintet - 74 Miles Away
  • Clive Gregson & Christine Collister - Home and Away
  • Eddie Durham - Blue Bone

So these are the places to start, I guess? I shall look out for cheapies on Amazon Marketplace.
  • Yup, good to start with. BOTT is VERY personal. HW61 is very political. Street Legal is touching on religous but not in a conventinal way. BOTT is also nearly all acoustic, the other 2 are mostly electric.
  • Yup, good to start with. BOTT is VERY personal. HW61 is very political. Street Legal is touching on religous but not in a conventinal way. BOTT is also nearly all acoustic, the other 2 are mostly electric.
    I notice that there's loads of Mr D on Spotti.

I realise that my old tape of BOTT had Desire on the other side.
  • The Ray Brown Trio - Soular Energy

Mr. Fitzgerald is one of my favourite bassists.
    I notice that there's loads of Mr D on Spotti.

I realise that my old tape of BOTT had Desire on the other side.
    I thought they had removed loads off Spottify?

Desire and Blood On The Tracks go together, similar subject matter.
  • I'm listening to BOTT at the moment.

I can't remember who gave me the tape, but they must've known their Bobness.
  • You clearly have friends with good taste
  • Eric Dolphy - Out To Lunch
  • edited March 2012
    You clearly have friends with good taste
    Nah. Don't remember anyone like that  ;;) :D :D :D
  • JimJim
    edited March 2012
    Cannonball Adderley Sextet - Nippon Soul
  • OK, OK WTF is going on !!

Dave's playing Dylan and Jim's been on jazz nearly all day.

Must be a hole in the space time continuum thingy 
    :-O
  • Have you played Sara yet?  Achingly beautiful.
  • Yup.

I like Hurricane and the earlier tracks on the whole, but what do I know?
  • Just in case the universe slips irretrievably inside out, let's restore some normality!

Tim Berne: Hard Cell - Feign.

Phew! I can relax now 
    :)>-  :x B-)
  • Normal service resumed then...
  • That's it!
  • Art Pepper - The Intimate Art Pepper
  • Put him down immediately!  :\"> :O
  • After painting what else

Led Zeppelin - 3rd album
  • Frank Turner - England Keep My Bones
  • Indigo Girls - 1st LP
  • Art Pepper - Gettin' Together
  • The Doors - 1st album

As debut albums go I reckon this is one of the very best. Along with the 1st Zeppelin.

Neither Bob Dylan nor Van Morrison really got into their stride until the 2nd.
  • Van Morrison - Enlightenment
  • The Doors - 1st album

As debut albums go I reckon this is one of the very best. Along with the 1st Zeppelin.

Where do you start counting Van Morrison albums from? There's been a welter of stuff released under various guises by various parties over the years.
  • Little Feat - American Cutie
  • The Doors - 1st album

Where do you start counting Van Morrison albums from? There's been a welter of stuff released under various guises by various parties over the years.
    Generally accepted that Blowin Your Mind is first, which makes Astral Weeks the 2nd.  Astral Weeks is the best 2nd album ever.  No discussion.  Argument over.  Finito!
  • Seconded and thirded Jim. Astral weeks is one of my all timers.
    Sadly Van has lost it somewhat since No Guru his last v good album IMHO. Very spar odic since and with Cliff well !

now
    Poetic Champions Compose one of his gems
    The Doors - 1st album

Generally accepted that Blowin Your Mind is first, which makes Astral Weeks the 2nd.  Astral Weeks is the best 2nd album ever.  No discussion.  Argument over.  Finito!

• Big Van fan here Mervyn, seen him a few times too a few years back.

I also love St Dominic's Preview, the title track is just fantastic.

Up there as well has to be Tupelo Honey.
  • On a roll now
    Common One - Summertime in England pure joy !
  • Big Van fan here Mervyn, seen him a few times too a few years back.

I also love St Dominic's Preview, the title track is just fantastic.

Up there as well has to be Tupelo Honey.

likewise Jim. Seen him numerous times in 80's even when he walked off after half a number !
    But when on form he was simply unsurpassable and unforgettable.
    It's too late to stop Now is for me as good as a live album gets and gives you a real flavour of how good he could be live.
  • On a roll now
    Common One - Summertime in England pure joy !
    Damn good call.  Love that one.

What about Wavelength?  I played it three times through when I bought it 1978
    B-)