Listening to ...

Comments

• For me it gets better by the night, yep you've guessed Im a secret Joe Satriani fan !

I know I tend to drone on about this, but I really think it's an absolute masterpiece from beginning to end.
  • edited July 2011

Played to an unsuspecting @Alan when he called in earlier.

He liked it, too.

PJ Harvey - Stories from the city. Stories from the sea
  • The Gang Font – The Gang Font Feat. Interloper

Kind of post-rock/avant-jazz/punk, if you see what I mean. 

Has Husker Du's bassist (the Interloper of the title).

Big Satan - Souls Saved Hear
  • edited July 2011
    listening to ...
    wait for it...

Mamma-bloody-Mia by Ab-bloody-ba!

Cox my 5yr old daughter has her friend round after school and girls always dictate the play list :-)
  • The question is, why do you have a copy in the first place?

Answer me that! 
    ::-w :O :-D
  • Fair cop Dave.  "But it was the wife's guv honest, I don't do dat stuff anymore."
  • Yeah. You'll find Robbie Williams and other such stuff on my NAS for similar reasons.

Girlies!
  • dick wellstood ! yes that really is his name!! , walkin with wellstood,
    :-D
  • edited July 2011
    dick wellstood ! yes that really is his name!! , walkin with wellstood,
    I didn't know that. But did I want to know that?.... :-)
  • Back to real music:

One of my favourite albums; Jarrett's strongest band, with Dewey Redman (Joshua's Dad), Charlie Haden and Paul Motian. A must for anyone who likes post-Coltrane jazz, IMO.

And no Robert Smith in sight 
    :-"

Bushman's Revenge - You lost me at Hello. More Scandinavian guitar-based noisy stuff. My meta-data classifies it as Psychedelic...
    ever wonder what lady gaga was thinking when she wore the meat dress, i reckon she had been listening to this lp
    :)
    currently receiving an all over body massage courtesy of this lp,, if your system gets dow to 20hz @ 0db or better you must give it a go
    currently receiving an all over body massage courtesy of this lp,, if your system gets dow to 20hz @ 0db or better you must give it a go
    Gave it a go on Spotify earlier. I'll be giving it another go or two...

Peter Gabriel - You Scratch My Back. A B&W Soc of Sound download. Not sure at the moment, but I'll have fun tracking down the originals that I don't know.
  • edited July 2011
    gomez, abandoned shopping trolley hot line,

Dennis Gonzales New Dallasangeles - The Desert Wind

Talented guitarist and a well recorded album

Interesting wordless vocals from Bleckmann. This is probably going to take a few spins to fully get into, as it's quite abstract in places.

Kip Hanrahan - Desire Develops an Edge

I never get why Hanrahan's albums are not more well-known. While they tend to mix genres into a Latin core like a mixing thing, they're not that difficult or obscure musically.

Disc 1 of a pile of Unissued Art I ordered from CDbaby that arrived this morning.

The recording is not the best, but the man is on fire! Total genius :-)

A great guitar player and probably not that well known

A great guitar player and probably not that well known
    Not known to me, mate!

...and there's a lot more to come, including four CDs from the Blues for the Fisherman gigs at Ronnie Scott's.

Pig in S***? That's me 
    One for our resident Alison Krauss nut, I wonder?
  • edited July 2011

Art Pepper - Unreleased Art, Vol III: The Croydon Concert.

Just unbelievable! These late live recordings by Pepper are incendiary. He just rips up old war horses like Cherokee like no-one before or since.

Sounds OK on the office system, but may not be so good on the big system. While that would be a disappointment, I really don't care. Everything I've listened to so far from this series has been absolutely essential Pepper.

The complete Blues for the Fisherman tapes - 4CDs of wonderfulness!

Sunday evening music.
  • image dubber side of the moon on ganga green vinyl no less!! nice.
  • I'm not sure I wanted to see that  :-D
  • Giving this a play at the moment, picked it up the other day at the local Asda for a fiver! Must admit its a great set and the sound is really good too, never been a big soul fan but at the price I paid for 3 cd's couldnt go wrong!

• Giving this a play at the moment, picked it up the other day at the local Asda for a fiver! Must admit its a great set and the sound is really good too, never been a big soul fan but at the price I paid for 3 cd's couldnt go wrong!

Looks good, from what I can see.

It's too easy to write off Courtney Pine. He's still making great music.
  • edited August 2011

Norwegian avant jazz/electronica/noise. Played very loud, they can sound terrifying. Tonight, they've been played soft - was that the apple skin or the cut apple side?